This is Kelvin Floodlight; normally a huge plant. I pulled it with several non-performing tubers after they had been in the ground for a few weeks, when most of the dahlias had good sized plants. I noticed a tiny sprout that had done nothing on this tuber and stuck it in a ten inch pot, intending to find a place for it later if it grew. It did grow and I never did find a place for it. Now it’s blossomed; still in the small pot, much more than I deserve.
Also a bonus shot. One of my Croydon’s Masterpiece plants is blossoming too yellow. It’s still a pretty color but not what I get normally. Evidently, all the better to give some intense sunset effects, streaks of purple.