Monthly Archives: May 2012

Rose Gertrude Jekyll

While not the first to open, she is the first to put out a display in my garden. When I was checking the spelling, I noticed her descrbed as a climber.  I don’t think so.  Like many Austin roses, she … Continue reading

Posted in My garden, roses | Comments Off

I MissToads

  no spray signs (Dear State of Massachusetts, If I had to post these cheesy paper plate signs in order to avoid getting sprayed, you really didn’t think that I’d stop at just “no spray”, did you?) I miss toads.  … Continue reading

Posted in Life lessons in the garden, My garden | 2 Comments

Dahlia Emergency

I was evidently wrong when I opined that the dahlias wouldn’t take any harm if they waited for another week.  I skipped out of the office on Friday night saying, “the dahlias are calling to me”; but when I got home … Continue reading

Posted in dahlias, Garden Club, My garden | Comments Off

10 Reasons to Plant the Tomatoes

Although it’s two weeks earlier than I would like due to risk of cold weather. They are too big and top heavy to carry in and out without damage. Every time I try, something flops and threatens to break. The … Continue reading

Posted in My garden, Seed Starting, Tomatoes | 2 Comments

LED Lights and Seed Starting

All of the articles that I could find talked about growing things under LED lights were for just that purpose, growing things to maturity.  There were also some cautions about how they could hurt seedlings.  So I dithered about whether … Continue reading

Posted in LED light growing, My garden, Seed Starting, Tomatoes, Tools | Comments Off